What We Believe
At Bible Baptist Church the preaching and teaching of the Word of God is preeminent in all of our Church Services.
We hold to the distinctives that are normally referred to as Baptist Distinctives.
Autonomy of the local church
Priesthood of every believer
Two offices: pastors and deacons
Individual soul liberty
Separation of church and state
Two ordinances: baptism and the Lord’s table
Saved church membership
The church membership consists of only those who are saved and baptized by immersion.
We are Fundamentalists in our position. We hold to these fundamental truths:
- The inspiration and preservation of the Bible, both the Old and the New Testaments.
- The creation of man as a direct act of God.
- The reality of the literal miracles of the Bible.
- The incarnation and virgin birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- The sinless life of our Savior.
- The literal death of Christ in his vicarious atonement for the sins of all mankind on the cross.
- The physical, literal resurrection of Christ from the dead.
- We are Dispensationalists in our interpretation of the Bible.
- We distinguish between Israel and the church. Each has its own proper place.
- We distinguish between the rapture and the second coming of Christ.
- We believe that the second coming is pre-millennial, and the rapture is pre-tribulational.
We are Separatists in our conviction. We believe in practicing:
- Personal separation from sin, vices, and things that would hurt our testimony.
- Ecclesiastical separation from apostasy and compromise.
We are Conservatives in our practice. We demonstrate this through:
- Conservative music and worship
- Conservative methods of fund raising
- We are Independent as far as our associations
- We do not belong to any convention or association of churches
- We are not subject to any hierarchy outside of the local church
- We are Missionary in our outreach. We reach out to a lost world through:
- Door-to-door evangelism of our neighborhoods.
- Training of evangelists, pastors and missionaries to take the Gospel to the lost.
- Support of missionaries
- Starting of branch work